Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Oos-Born? Use-Borne? No! It's Us-Borne!


"Umm...how do you pronounce that?" This would be the question I am asked the most! A funny name, but a cool company! To launch my blog, I'd like to first share a little about the company and what it is that I do. The primary purpose of future posts will be to highlight titles and promotions that are available through Usborne Books and More.

First, let me take a sec and give you a quick history so you know we are legit: Usborne Books was originally founded in England England by Peter Usborne. The company eventually expanded to the United States under the Educational Development Corporation (EDC) Publishing. EDC also acquired Kane/Miller books, which is why the company is now called Usborne Books and More in the USA. EDC maintains a home-business division and a retail division. I am an Independent rep through the home-business division and am also certified to work in the school and library market.

There...the background is set, so on to the details!

"What in the world do you do?" Ahh! I love to tell about what I do! I place high-quality, educational books into the hands of children of all ages! How do I do this? Let me break it down for you:

1) Through Home Parties I am able to get together with a hostess and her friends to help them shop for the best literature choices for the children in their lives. Our generous hostess programs helps our hostesses build their home libraries with LOTS of free books!

2) Direct Sales through personal shopping appointments.

3) Booth events at various fairs, festivals, and educational conferences.


4) Book Fairs!

I earn schools, preschools, and day cares up to 50% of sales in free books or up to 25% cash! Our book fairs are commercial-free and run by yours truly!

5) Reach for the Stars Fund/Book raisers!

This is one of my favorite things to do because it rewards children for reading! Through this read-a-thon, children are sponsored to read for 300 minutes. The children then get 50% of what they raise in books for themselves and the school or organization gets the other 50% in books or a book/cash split. It is a Win/Win!!

6) Literacy for a Lifetime (LFL) Grant-Matching program.
Through LFL, business and individuals can partner with a school or non-profit through donations and Usborne Books will match that donation by 50% in additional free books!

There! Now you are, for all intents and purposes, informed! If you would like to learn even more about the company, our products, or the business opportunity, please visit my website at www.usborne4us.com.

Happy Reading!




No comments:

Post a Comment